GES CANADA LIMITED ("GES CANADA", "we", "us" or "our") takes steps to ensure it meets privacy principles and requirements with respect to your information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. Should you have any questions or requests you may contact us as provided in the section titled “Contact GES CANADA” below.
Information We Collect
GES CANADA and its agents and representatives collect information in a number of circumstances in the course of providing you event management, exhibitor services, and other event related services. Personal information we collect includes:
- Contact Information: Name, email, address, telephone number, and other contact information.
- Transaction Information:Payment details (credit card number, billing address, etc.), delivery details, and communications you have with us.
- Preference Information: Preferences you indicate to us or that we have observed including, among others, subscriptions you enroll in.
- Legal Information:Transaction fraud checks or flags, payment card refusals, and information or copies of documents you provide where the law requires you to prove your identity.
- Voluntary Information: Other information you voluntarily give us.
We may collect information, for example, when you place orders with us, establish an account with us, request information, interact with our customer service, participate in a market campaign, complete surveys, or use our websites.
From our initial engagement with you, we may track your interactions with us so that we can better understand the scope of our relationship with you. For each interaction, we retain your name when you purchase goods or services from us, as well as the nature and amount of the purchase. We combine that with information with a record of information you request from us, how you respond to our emails, and your activity at our websites.
We do not intend to collect any sensitive information from you and will not conduct any automated decisions without your knowledge. Any information is only used for purposes of our ongoing relationship.
Why We Ask for Your Information
We may ask for your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you regarding an upcoming show.
- Deliver Services you requested, process your order including payment, address your customer care requirements, manage accounts you have with us, and notify you of changes to our Services.
- Send you information about future exhibitions you may be attending, our electronic or other newsletters that are periodically published, trade publications relevant to your industry or business sector, consumer interest publications relevant to the show you attended, or other information that we believe may be of interest to you based on our ongoing relationship.
- Maintain a record of our ongoing relationship, and analyze your purchase activity, browsing, and responses to our marketing communications to better understand our relationship, your needs and preferences, and the market segments we serve.
- Satisfy various legal requirements such as verifying your identity when necessary or appropriate, crime and fraud prevention, assist in issue related to safety, comply with laws applicable to our operations, enforce our rights and protect our property, or in connection with a change in ownership, reorganization, asset sale, or the appointment of a receiver.
Retention of Information
We will retain your information as follows:
- When we assume your consent at time of collection, personal information will be retained for a period of three (3) years from your last activity with GES Canada, unless you request us to delete it sooner by contacting us as provided in the section titled “Contact GES CANADA” below.
- Information that must be maintained for legal purposes such as specific financial information in accordance with the relevant legislation and any applicable local / regulatory guidance (which may be for a longer period, often up to 7 years).
Sharing Your Information
To make certain Services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our affiliates and trusted third-party suppliers. Additionally, we may share your personal information with:
- Payment services providers as required for card payments.
- Our affiliated companies within the GES CANADA group for our reasonable business and management needs.
- Other third parties to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and other similar administrative needs.
A substantial portion of our computer infrastructure is provided by our affiliate Global Experience Specialists, Inc., from data centers located in the United States.
International transfers are subject to specific rules under data protection laws. We will take appropriate steps to protect your data in line with our legal obligations to do so. Such steps include that our GES affiliate entities in the United States maintain active certifications on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Further information regarding Privacy Shield is available at https://www.privacyshield.gov.
How We Safeguard Your Information
GES CANADA, its divisions and affiliates employ reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect against the loss of, or unauthorized access to, the information under our control. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of GES CANADA who require access to your information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your information. Steps we have taken to enhance network and information security include industry standard infrastructure security, the implementation of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology for payment transactions, digital certificates, password protection for all web applications that contain personal information, and. Although we take measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always remain secure.
All our web applications that deal with your personal information require a username and password to gain access. This allows us to verify who you are, thereby allowing you access to your account information, and preventing unauthorized access. You should not divulge this username and password to anyone.
Our Legal Basis For Using Your Information
GES CANADA collects, uses and discloses your information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose information without your consent, for example to collect a debt owed to us or to comply with a court order, local or federal regulations, or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency.
At any time you may:
- Withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your information, we may no longer be able to provide certain Services.
- “Opt out" of receiving some or all emails from us such as subscriptions, periodic information and other correspondence by selecting the “Manage My Subscriptions” on emails from us or by contracting us as provided in the section titled “Contact GES CANADA” below.
GES CANADA may establish and maintain a file of your information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 5675 McLaughlin Road, Mississauga, ON L5R 3K5. If you wish to request access or correction of your information in our custody or control or have other concerns about our information practices, you may email or write to us using the contract information provided below under the section titled “Contact GES CANADA” below. Your right to access or correct your information is subject to applicable legal restrictions.
If you are a resident of a European Union member state, we will honor your:
- Right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information we process.
- Right to object to or restrict our data processing.
- Right to withdrawal of consent, at any time and we will stop processing your personal data without undue delay.
- Right to data portability, including rights to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable, and to have it forwarded to a third party controller.
- Right to erasure, commonly known as Right to be Forgotten.
- Right of access to your personal data with details of processing including, without limitation, categories of personal data processed, where the data is processed, categories of recipients who have received it, and the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your local jurisdiction.
For more information about our processing or to exercise your rights, contact us as provided in the section titled “Contact GES CANADA” below.
Contact GES CANADA
Post: Viad Corp
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
1850 North Central Avenue, Suite 1900
Phoenix, AZ 85004-4565
We will use reasonable measures to verify the identity of a data subject before proceeding with a request. If you have provided an email address to GES CANADA, please include it with your request. Once verified, a request received will be processed across all of GES CANADA and its affiliates.